Tuesday, September 28, 2010

BLOG NUMBER 1

Hi My Name Is Nicole Chabra. I am a Liberal Arts Humanities and Sciences Major. I chose to revise a paper I have written which I wrote in My English 102 class in the spring semester. I wrote a paper titled The Rules of Imagism which showed that by using the rules of imagism how two poets named Ezra Pound and Hilda Doolittle used this imagism in their poetry. In order for me to revise this paper I will have to have a hard copy of the paper. I will also need to have the poetry I had used in the poems to show the types of rules imagism requires. I also need a few more poems from both poets so I can compare and contrast them and also to see if they have any imagism i can use in my revision. I will also need a imagist manifesto that sums up the rules in order to revise this poem and make it a remarkable research paper. I also will need some more information on how these two poets have written their poems and why they used imagism in their poetry. I chose to revise a paper from my last english class because I had trouble already writing this paper and I wanted to see how I can make it better and more presentable for all of you to enjoy my paper as well as well for myself once I have written a revised and complete college level paper. Also I want to be able to go back and tell my old professor How much I have improved from her class and in my english 103 class on my writing. Please feel free to write as many suggestions as you guys feel to in order for me to improve my revised imagism paper. This Is what I believe so far will be very useful for my first  paper in english 103. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole, I am a fellow Liberal Arts major, and honestly I did not know what imagism was or how someone would be able to write about it, so your topic made me want to find out more. I think its great that you want to improve your writing skills and take another crack at a challenging paper. Maybe in your paper you could explain how this writing technique was developed and the circumstances surrounding its creation, and compare it to previous techniques used as well as present day modern imagists. How did this technique evolve over time? Is it still popular? I look forward to reading your paper, and let me know how it's going. Goodluck!:-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole, first of I'd like to thank you for your post on my blog. I'm glad you decided to revise your paper as well. May I say your topic is very interesting and I definitely agree with @scrob087's post. I had some sort of idea about what imagism was, but I never knew it was used in poetry in the 1900's. I actually did some research to know more in depth about it. I really enjoyed reading the Imagist Manifest because the rules mainly promotes poetic individuality and freedom of expression. I look forward to reading your paper and best of luck! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nic - I think your new topic (the one we discussed after class) is a good one! Go get researching :)

    ReplyDelete